Frequently asked Questions for SoFurry 2.0
- Q: I just signed up. Is their a Getting Started Guide or anything? A: Yes! It's right here!
- Q: I just signed up. Why can't I join the chat? A: We have a policy of restricting new accounts from using the chat for 24 hours. For more information see the New Account Restrictions article or the Getting Started Guide.
- Q: Why does SoFurry think I'm a spam bot when I try to send a private message? A: New users are restricted to 10 PM's in their first week as an anti-spam measure. The New Account Restrictions article contains more detailed information on our policy or check out the Getting Started Guide.
- Q: I had a question about the age category of a piece of work I would like to submit. Should I submit it as All ages, Adult or Extreme? A: Details on what falls into each of these categories is in our AUP.
- Q: How do I search for a user? A: Their is a link at the bottom of the SoFurry page that takes you to the user search function. If you need more help check out the searching section below.
- Q: I think I found a bug or I want to see if anyone has already submitted a bug report. Is their anyplace I can check? A: Yes! You can also get an update with any reports you have filed here: http://www.sofurry.com/report
- Q: How do I watch / unwatch a forum thread? A: At the top of each thread page is a Watch button. Click it and a new post in the thread will trigger a notification. (The button is a toggle style. When you click Watch it will change to Unwatch allowing you to switch off notifications for the thread.)
- Q: Can I still access my account with a URL like http://myusername.sofurry.com? A: Yes. Try it! http://toumal.sofurry.com
Protip: If the user name has a space in it, replace the space with a dash "-". The same applies if your using the e-mail forwarding system.
- Q: Can I change my username (account name) in SoFurry 2.0? A: Yes! See this article on how.
- Q: I was looking for the old FAQ. Is it still around? A: Yes! You can access it here!
The Quick Tour
Main article: Site Overview
Special Formating Codes
Their are some special codes you can add to your PM's, forum, chat, and journal posts to format your text. Generally referred to as BBC code, you can find a reference sheet in the SoFurry BBC article.
Tags and Searching
- The all about tags article explains what tags are and how to use them.
- Looking for something? Learn how the search functions work on SoFurry.
Note: Be sure you visit the tags article so that you understand how to properly tag your submissions.
You can control who can view any of your submissions here on SoFurry, from allowing everyone to view the work, to groups, friends or even allowing only certain individuals access to a piece. You can use this feature of SoFurry to allow a commissioner to see works in progress or even to allow them access to extremely high quality copies of your finished work.
- The Access Management Guide details how to set permissions on submissions.
- Use the edit button on the media you wish to remove. At the bottom of the page under the Upload link their should be a delete or remove link.
Main article: Groups
Main article: Chat Guide
Main article: Folders
Main article: Banners
Main article: User Settings
|Intro to SoFurry|
|Getting Started||Site Overview • Core Values • Searching SF|
|Your Profile||Overview • Avatars • Banners • Bios • Likes/Dislikes • Watching/Faving/Voting • Tag Filter • Shouts|
|Uploading Content||Art & Photos • Stories • AUP • Tagging • Folders • Copyright FAQs|
|Other Areas||Forums • Groups • Chat • Discord • Gaming • Reports • Settings|