Uploading Art and Photos
The following steps outline the procedure for uploading art and photographic work to SoFurry. Currently Sofurry accepts PNG, JPG, GIF or SWF (flash) files. The image on the right shows the locations of the various steps outlined below. (Note: At the time of this writing the upload photo function of SoFurry works exactly the same as artwork.)
- Log in to SoFurry and select the Upload button on the header to the left of your avatar.
- Select Artwork (or Photo) from the options. (Not shown)
- Title the piece in the top box (1).
- Click the Upload your file (2) button. A dialog box will appear. Select the file you wish to upload to SoFurry and click the open button. Note: Your upload must meet our guidelines in the AUP for art or photos. We may remove screen shots of games, character creators with premade models/items and memes where the contribution of the submitter is too small.
- If you would like to use a custom thumbnail click the upload thumbnail button (3) and choose a file that contains the thumbnail you would like to use. (If you leave this blank SoFurry make a thumbnail automatically for you.)
- If you intend on using the Market section of Sofurry to sell high quality prints of your work upload the high quality file for your customers to print using the upload print file (4) section. (PNG, PSD, or TGA File types are allowed. CMYK color files are recommended.)
- Select the age category (5) for your piece. (all ages (clean), adult or extreme) You can click either the radio buttons or the text. Note: If you would like help choosing what category your submission falls into please see the content levels in the SoFurry AUP.
- Select who can see your work (6): (public, group-only, friends-only, or hidden) For more information on this setting see the Access Management Guide.
- Describe your image in the box (7) provided.
- Add some tags separated by commas in the box (8) provided. If you need more help on tags please see this article.
- Select Publish (9) to post as a regular image or save as draft (10) to mark this work as a draft.
Note: When using older versions of Internet Explorer the selection for a work's age category (clean, adult or extreme) may not allow you to select anything. IE9 should work. (Firefox works fine.)