Frequently asked Questions for SoFurry 2.0
- Q: I just signed up. Is their a Getting Started Guide or anything? A: Yes! It's right here!
- Q: I just signed up. Why can't I join the chat? A: We have a policy of restricting new accounts from using the chat for 24 hours. For more information see the New Account Restrictions article or the Getting Started Guide.
- Q: Why does SoFurry think I'm a spam bot when I try to send a private message? A: New users are restricted to 10 PM's in their first week as an anti-spam measure. The New Account Restrictions article contains more detailed information on our policy or check out the Getting Started Guide.
- Q: I had a question about the age category of a piece of work I would like to submit. Should I submit it as All ages, Adult or Extreme? A: Details on what falls into each of these categories is in our AUP.
- Q: How do I search for a user? A: Their is a link at the bottom of the SoFurry page that takes you to the user search function. If you need more help check out the searching section below.
- Q: I think I found a bug or I want to see if anyone has already submitted a bug report. Is their anyplace I can check? A: Yes! You can also get an update with any reports you have filed here: http://www.sofurry.com/report
- Q: How do I watch / unwatch a forum thread? A: At the top of each thread page is a Watch button. Click it and a new post in the thread will trigger a notification. (The button is a toggle style. When you click Watch it will change to Unwatch allowing you to switch off notifications for the thread.)
- Q: Can I still access my account with a URL like http://myusername.sofurry.com? A: Yes. Try it! http://toumal.sofurry.com
Protip: If the user name has a space in it, replace the space with a dash "-". The same applies if your using the e-mail forwarding system.
- Q: Can I change my username (account name) in SoFurry 2.0? A: Yes! See this article on how.
- Q: I was looking for the old FAQ. Is it still around? A: Yes! You can access it here!
The Quick Tour
The image on the right shows the locations of the features discussed below.
- (1) Your Avatar. You can click this to go to your user page. If you float your mouse over your avatar a drop down menu will appear where you can go you the settings page or logout of your account. (Use this on shared computers so that others can't access your account.) Select settings to configure SoFurry to your liking and alter your account. Many of the new features in SoFurry 2.0 can be customized in this area. More assistance on user settings can be found here.
- (2) The Upload button. Use this to upload new content to SoFurry.
- (3) The Messages link. This takes you to your personal messages. The number indicates the number of unread messages you have waiting for you. In the example their is one unread message. (Note: This link may be abbreviated M if their is not enough room on the page for the full word.)
- (4) The Notifications link. This takes you to any Comments, Favorites, Watches, Votes, and Watched Threads notifications you may have. Like the messages link, the number in front of it indicates the quantity of unread messages you have. In the example their are 2 unread messages. (Note: This link may be abbreviated N if their is not enough room on the page for the full word.)
- (5) The Submissions link. This link take you to a page listing all items have been submitted by people you watch. In the example their are three new items to view. (Note: This link may be abbreviated S if their is not enough room on the page for the full word.)
- (6) The Quick Search Bar. Type in the tags separated by commas (example:Toumal, Orca) you want to search for and press the Go button to search all of Sofurry's media types. For more help on searching see the searching section of the FAQ.
- (7) The Main SoFurry Bar. These are links to the general submission content page (SoFurry), the Browse drop down list (to view specific media types), the SoFurry Market, Groups, SoFurry's integrated Chat and Forums. (Note: The Market feature is currently under development.)
- (8) The Report Tab. Click this bar and a window will pop up that you can use to report a problem with the site, report a problem with a user or submission (such as adult work tagged as clean, harassment, etc.) or give a suggestion.
Special Formating Codes
Their are some special codes you can add to your PM's, forum, chat, and journal posts to format your text. Generally referred to as BBC code, you can find a reference sheet in the SoFurry BBC article.
Tags and Searching
- The all about tags article explains what tags are and how to use them.
- Looking for something? Learn how the search functions work on SoFurry.
Note: Be sure you visit the tags article so that you understand how to properly tag your submissions.
You can control who can view any of your submissions here on SoFurry, from allowing everyone to view the work, to groups, friends or even allowing only certain individuals access to a piece. You can use this feature of SoFurry to allow a commissioner to see works in progress or even to allow them access to extremely high quality copies of your finished work.
- The Access Management Guide details how to set permissions on submissions.
- Use the edit button on the media you wish to remove. At the bottom of the page under the Upload link their should be a delete or remove link.
- For general information on using groups see the Members Guide to Groups.
- The general chat rules are here.
- For general settings see the article on chat settings.
- For help on using chat see the chat guide.
Main article: Folders
Main article: Banners
Main article: User Settings
|Intro to SoFurry|
|Getting Started||Site Overview • Core Values • Searching SF|
|Your Profile||Overview • Avatars • Banners • Bios • Likes/Dislikes • Watching/Faving/Voting • Tag Filter • Shouts|
|Uploading Content||Art & Photos • Stories • AUP • Tagging • Folders • Copyright FAQs|
|Other Areas||Forums • Groups • Chat • Discord • Gaming • Reports • Settings|