SFX (SoFurry NEXT) is the newest version of the SoFurry website. It has been created from scratch due to a change of the underlying framework (from Yii (SF1/SF2) to Laravel).
On november 22, while SF3 was still in development, the Yii dev team annouced that the Yii 1 framework was going EOL in 2018. Since SF1, SF2 and the announced follow-up SF3 are all based on the Yii 1 framework it has been decided to drop SF3 and start working on a completely new site, using the Laravel framework - "SFX" was born.
- Completely new look
- Groups have been removed
- The market has been removed
- Searches are faster and now include artist's names
- Better thumbnail/preview processing
- Advanced character support (Each user has one default character)
- Completely rewritten chat (Both server and client)
- Rewritten Android App (New design + backend with push notification support)
- Fully implemented API for third party applications
- Big increase in performance and less use of resources
SFX is still in a far-from-finished state and still in heavy development. A private alpha for users to test out the first new things will be available soon.