What is Email Validation?
Email verification is a way for us to help prevent spam. It also allows us to make sure that we aren't sending random emails to the wrong email account.
Unvalidated email restrictions
At this time you will be unable to post any submissions (art, stories, journals, etc.) prior to validating your account.
How do I validate my email?
When you first create an account, you should have received an email to invite you to validate your email. The link is active for 24 hours from the time it was sent.
If you didn't receive an email, don't have an email inputed, or you've changed your email since originally registering, follow these steps:
- Go to your settings.
- Click on the Account tab
- Under the email address field, make sure the email is typed in and keyed in correctly.
- Click save at the bottom of the page.
- Go to your inbox and open the email from "email@example.com"
- Note: It could take up to 10 mins for you to receive the email.
- Inside the email click the Click here to Validate link.
- Your email is now validated.
I'm not receiving any validation email.
Be sure to check your spam filter and add "firstname.lastname@example.org" to your contacts list to make sure they don't get blocked.
My email is typed in properly, but I never received an email
If you let your link expire, or never validated your email in the first place, you can have another verification link sent to you. When you're signed into SoFurry follow this link. From there you can request another email.
- Note: Only one verification email can be resent within a 24 hour period.
I tried everything and it's still not working.
At this point it would probably be best to submit a ticket. Go to the reports page and create a new ticket.
- Note: You must be signed in to create/view tickets.
In the subject line say something about email verification and tell us what you've tried in the message.